Our Plan For The Zombie Apocalypse

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

The other day while Ken and I were driving in the car to visit go to my nieces birthday party in Columbus, we had a conversation that I think most couples have at least once. Well, at least those who watch The Walking Dead. Yup, we talked about the zombie apocalypse.

After much discussion we decided that our quick plan for a zombie apocalypse is to get to an island as soon as possible. Since we live close to Lake Erie there are a couple of islands there that would make a good location for our future escape. 

Why in island? An island is the perfect place to escape zombies. Zombies are notoriously dumb. They can't even swim... let alone be able to get a boat to an island. So once we're on the island the plan is to get rid of any zombies  that are there and hopefully have enough friends and family with us to be able to start our new civilization. And, yes, there's bound to be other people on the island... we'll just have to deal with that when it comes time.

The land around Lake Erie is really known for its wineries so the islands will likely have a lot of vineyards, which is a plus. I'm also hoping that the islands will have more fertile soil than the mainland. Most farmers here just grow the inedible GMO corn that's used to make high-fructose corn syrup. So, I'm hoping the islands will have better soil, and we will hopefully be able to bring enough seeds with us and grow our own food.

I know winters in Ohio will be rough, but if the Indians could do it for his long as they did, then I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our crew will be will to figure something out. It will be especially helpful if Ken's family joins us. From hunting, gardening, navigation, health care, mechanics, and even engineering, they pretty much all the basic survival skills covered. So I'm hoping I'll be on board with our zombie apocalypse plan. :)

I still have a lot of work to do as far as actually preparing for a zombie apocalypse. I still have to pack my "bug-out bag" and figure out everything I'm in a be packing in it. In fact, in addition to writing this apocalypse plan, packing a bug-out bag is also on my list of 101 goals in 1001 days. Hopefully I'll get my bug out bag packed soon, and I can start moving forward with a few more preps. Sure, there are some hard-core preppers out there, but I'm certainly not one of them. However, I do think that everyone should have some sort of a disaster plan... a few preps included.

So what about you? Have you talked about what you are going to do in the case of a zombie apocalypse or any sort of disaster scenario? let me know! Leave a comment below, and feel free to share your thoughts on my own zombie apocalypse plan. :)


PS - I'll keep working on my 101 Goals in 1001 Days, and I'll be updating them at http://lisabrowndesign.blogspot.com/2013/02/101-goals-in-1001-days-list.html. Feel free to check them out. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...