Raising A Young Athlete & Fueling Up With BodyArmor

Thursday, June 04, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

I'd like to thank RoleMommy & BODYARMOR for sponsoring this post.

When my son was 3, we signed him up for taekwondo. He spent a good 3 months doing his best, but I could tell that his heart just wasn't in it. As a mom, I never wanted to push him to do a sport he didn't want to do, so he ended up leaving.

Now, at age 6, he has shown interest in taking taekwondo lessons again. To my surprise, he came back strong and eager to learn. It was like he was a whole new kid, and the transformation that occurred within him over his 3 year break was tremendous. He absolutely loves class, and has told us numerous times that he's never going to quit.

Every day there's a class, we ask him if he wants to go. He almost always says yes. I think that allowing him to choose to be there has certainly helped him to develop the love he now has for taekwondo.

Currently, he's a yellow belt, and has been taking 1-2 classes a day for about 5 days a week.


As a mom with a son who's serious about taekwondo, I know how important hydration is. While water is usually our go-to method for hydration, I've found it's fun to switch it up every now and then with a sports drink. But, it can be tough looking for a healthy sports drink. That's why I'm thrilled to have found a more natural sports drink, BODYARMOR.

What Is BODYARMOR
BODYARMOR has more potassium-packed electrolytes than any other sports drink, coconut water, and vitamins and is low in sodium and contains nothing artificial (unlike other sports drinks on the market).  Many of the top professional athletes have chosen BODYARMOR over all other sports drinks, including Andrew Luck, Richard Sherman, Mike Trout and James Harden – and Kobe Bryant is a major investor in the brand.  It’s time to educate all athletes and their parents that there is a better for you sports drink out there!

Now, as you know, the most important thing when choosing a food is to flip right to the ingredients list. So, let's check out what you'll get in my favorite flavor of BODYARMOR, tropical punch.


Available In 7 Refreshing Flavors
Fruit Punch  -  Orange Mango  -  Strawberry Banana  -  Tropical Punch
Grape  -  Lemon Lime  -  Mixed Berry


My son and I were able to sample a handful of BODYARMOR in different flavors, and they were all amazing. I noticed that, while sweet and absolutely delicious, they didn't have an overpowering sugary taste I've noticed other sparts drinks on the market can have. My son? Well, he loved them as much as I did... maybe more! 


Where To Buy
Interested in hydrating up with BODYARMOR? Check out this store locator to find where you can find some near you. Here in the Cleveland area, they're available at Giant Eagle. Plus, be sure to download this coupon for $1 off 2 bottles of BODYARMOR. And, when you're done, be sure to follow BODYARMOR on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram


What's your favorite way to hydrate after a good workout? Leave a comment below. As always, I read and respond to each and every one. :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...