A Look Inside Our New Home

Friday, August 14, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

We've been so busy lately, it feels like I've hardly gotten a chance to sit down and write. Well, first and foremost, we've finally moved into our new house. So far, it has been amazing. The house itself is less than 10 years old, still has that new home feeling, and is everything we had hoped for. It's still cozy, but gives our family the room we'll need with the addition of a basement. We also have 2 bathrooms (woo-hoo!) which are absolutely beautiful. The master bathroom even has a granite sink as well as custom tile backslash, which I love.




The kitchen is beautiful... much bigger than the one we used to have. There's also a pantry, which I've never had before, but am loving. Right now, we have so much room in the kitchen, I don't know what to do with it all! Hopefully, it will stay this way. I much prefer having too much room as opposed to not enough!



One of the things I love most about this house is all of the attention put into details that I love. Some of my favorite details is the white trim, 6-paneled doors, wood flooring, and beautiful wall colors. We literally have to do nothing besides unpack, which is just what we needed in a home. With school starting soon and a new baby girl due to arrive in 5 weeks, unpacking, decluttering, & organizing is plenty of work!

The neighborhood is great too, and a huge step up from our old neighborhood where people would wait at the end of the street for the drug dealer down the road to come home. It's our first time living in an HOA area, so I was unsure how well I would like it. Well, as of now, I love it. As a former OCD sufferer (seriously, legitimately OCD, but that's another story), I love the order driving through the neighborhood. Do I occasionally have the theme song from Weeds playing in my head as I drive? Absolutely. And, sure, there are some rules that other would find silly, but I love how it keeps the neighborhood clean and looking nice.

I'm looking forward to unpacking and organizing more over the next few weeks... as well as the arrival of our baby girl, so if I'm not as active writing, you know why. Sometimes you just need to put the computer down and live life. :)

What has been the hilight of your month so far? Leave a comment. As always, I read and respond to each and every one. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...