Reading, Watching, and Listening To

Monday, December 14, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

You can tell a lot about a person by what they read, watch and listen to.

I'm Reading
The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman. I was extremely reluctant to read this book, mostly because I first heard of it from a Christian fundamentalist homeschooler. Yet, for some reason, when I was trying to think of something different to read this month, this book popped into my head. Right now, I'm about half way through the book, and it's pretty good. It's an easy read, and none of the ideas are really earth-shattering or profound... but it works. More than anything, it gets you to think about how to make another person happy. And, the techniques in this book don't just apply to your partner, but to children, friends, parents, etc. I'd recommend this book for anyone wanting to connect with another person better.

I'm Watching
Arrow. I've been on a bit of a comic book show binge for the past few months. It started with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., moved on to The Flash, and is now on Arrow. Honestly, I love every bit of these shows, which is very unlike me. I'm normally not into the comic book stuff at all, but it appears that has all changed. Baby B was born, and the next thing I know, I'm in love with these shows.




I'm Listening To
Push And Shove by No Doubt. I've been a fan of No Doubt & Gwen Stefani since Just A Girl. Ken and I were actually at the concert when they opened for Bush, Gwen Stefani's music always spoke to me because we seemed to be going through similar things at similar times... we started dating our boyfriends in 1995, we both both married in 2002, and even started having kids around the same time. The similarities end there as we're opting out of the 2015 relationship ending they had. 

The song Settle Down has always spoke to me about the craziness of having another baby... with lyrics like: 


I'm fine (and nothing's gonna knock this girl down)
I'm hella positive for real, I'm all good no
I'm fine (and nothing's gonna knock this girl down)
It's kinda complicated that's for sure

But you can see it my eyes, you can read on my lips
I'm trying to get a hold on this
And I really mean it this time
And you know it's such a trip
Don't get me started
I'm trying to get a hold on this

Get get get in line, and settle down
Get in line, and settle down

No big deal (I can handle it)
It'll bounce off me (I can handle it)
Been around the block before, doesn't matter anymore
Here we go again (Are you kidding me?)
Are you insane? (Are you kidding me?)
We're underneath the avalanche so heavy again

I'm fine (and nothing's gonna knock this girl down)
I'm hella positive for real, I'm all good no
I'm fine (and nothing's gonna knock this girl down)
It's kinda complicated that's for sure

But you can see it my eyes, you can read on my lips
I'm trying to get a hold on this
And I really mean it this time
And you know it's such a trip
Don't get me started
I'm trying to get a hold on this



What are you reading, watching, and listening to? Leave a comment below. As always, I read and respond to each and every one. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...