3 Car Seats Across In Scion TC

Friday, January 22, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-

Well, they said it couldn't be done... but it can! Here's how I've been able to fit 3 car seats safely in my Scion TC.

1 Car Seat in Scion TC
I bought my Scion TC in 2007, before any vision of having children had entered my mind. A year later, I was the proud mother of one... and had no problem fitting a Graco SnugRide Classic Connect in my back seat.

2 Car Seats in Scion TC
When I had baby #2, the husband insisted it was time for a new vehicle... but I made it work. At this point, we were using the Graco SnugRide Classic Connect and the Graco MyRide 65 in the back of my Scion TC. To my surprise, fitting 2 across wasn't that hard. I was able to use the Graco MyRide 65 in both front-facing and rear-facing. As we upgraded to two Graco MyRide 65 car seats, I found it easier to keep the rear-facing car seat on the passenger side, and have the front-facing one on the driver side.

3 Car Seats in Scion TC
Now, with baby #3, I had pretty much lost hope of fitting 3 car seats across in my small, 2-door car. Well, I was wrong. First, let me say... it's all about the base. I've found that having a carseat like a Graco SnugRide Classic Connect  that removes from a base to be crucial. Since the back seat is so tiny, this makes it easier to put your baby on the passenger side. Oh, and you will need to put your baby on the passenger side. This allows the older two to have easier access to their seatbelts. I recommend putting your middle child behind the driver in a high-back booster like the Graco Affix High Back Booster if you're able to. This helps with seatbelt access. The oldest child will then use a Bubble Bum booster in the middle. With a tiny car, the Bubble Bum, the tiniest booster seat on the market, is your ace in the hole. Fitting three across can't be done without it.

Just use these car seats in the combination that works for you... and... voila! You've got three kids safely in the back sest of your Scion TC.


The Graco Snugride Classic Connect, Bubble Bum Booster Seat, and Graco Affix HIgh Back Booster Seat in a Scion TC.


Thanks for stopping by. What car seats have you been able to fit in your car? Leave a comment below. :) 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...