Winter Capsule Wardrobe

Friday, January 01, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-

Happy 2016! I wanted to start off the new year with a much-needed closet makeover... affectionately referred to as a "Capsule Wardrobe" or "Project 333". I've been simplifying my life for a while now, but I haven't organized my closet in over four years. So, inspired by Enjoying This Journey, I did  a bit of research into what a capsule wardrobe is, and quickly got started on my own.

As a stay-at-home mom, I don't need any fancy clothes. I need practical, casual clothes that I can live in and not stress about getting them dirty. I've also long been a fan of the surfer girl, beachy look. And, thanks to a generous mother-in-law, I've been gifted quite a few amazing Hollister pieces that I would never splurge on. I didn't include my workout clothes in  this, as I don't tend to wear them outside of kickboxing class. But, I will also be going through those as well... keeping what I love, and storing or donating what I don't.

Main Colors - Bright Pink, Grey, Black, Navy, Brown
Main Style - Beachy, sporty





I already see a few areas I can improve. First would be letting go of a few more items I don't love to make room for new clothes. I'd also like to get rid of the brown clothes, which I never really loved to begin with and add in a more fun, vibrant color, like turquoise.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this new capsule wardrobe works, and to fine-tuning my closet.

What about you? Have you ever created a capsule wardrobe? What do you think about the idea? Leave a comment below. As always, I read and respond to each and every one.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...