Managing Life With Three Little Monkeys

Friday, February 26, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-

Wow, has time been flying by! It's hard to believe that Baby B is already 5 months old! She is doing amazing. We wait on her hand and foot, give her everything she wants... and as a result, she hardly ever cries. I'm also working on infant potty training with her, which is a blast! She'll go on the potty anywhere from 3-5 times a day, and is super-proud of herself when she does. Oh, and she is gong to crawl any minute now... she's been on all fours occasionally, and planks like a champ! :)

Big Sis is loving life as a big sis. ;) In addition to helping out with the baby, which she does like a champ, we've been working on homeschooling her for preschool for about 35 min, 5 days a week. This has been happening pretty consistently for the past month, and it has been amazing to watch her progress. A typical day might include singing our Letter Sounds Song, doing a worksheet, and reading High Five Magazine. She also gets play time everyday with mommy, which has been a lot of playing with Barbies lately!

Big Brother is also doing great. He just earned his green belt in taekwondo, and does his best to train about 4 days a week.  He loves being in first grade, and has really been excelling in math. He really loves learning, but I think his favorite parts of the day are when he gets to be social... like lunch and recess.

As for me? I'm working hard to make sure everything around here gets done. I'm back to being a vegetarian again, which has not only helped me reduce inflammation, but I was able to break my weight loss-plateau, and have been shedding pounds very slowly, but consistently over the past month. And, when life as a mother allows, I get to go to kickboxing class... ideally 5 days a week. But, sick kids and tired babies always come first.

I credit Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin for really helping me get my shit together after baby #3. It becomes almost too easy to fall into the trap of being a baby holder, and not getting anything else done. But, I feel good when I get it done, and this book has really helped me get to where I want to be.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Feel free to leave a comment below. As always, I read and respond to each and every one. :) 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...