Feminine Back Tattoo Ideas

Friday, August 26, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-

A year ago, my life was chaos.

I was 8 months pregnant, and under what seemed to be constant monitoring for my "high-risk pregnancy" due to advanced maternal age. Every week a new potential complication seemed to rise, which required further testing.

My family was also "in between homes". My children had spent most of their summer not only away from the only home they had ever known, but away from their hobbies and away from their friends too. While to the outsider they may have appeared to be holding up well, I could see the signs of the chaos and instability taking a toll on them. Ken's commute to work started taking time away from our family time together. We went from seeing him all the time to hardly seeing him at all.

We were in the process of closing on a new home... a process which is never smooth. It was just a blur of contracts, signatures, phone calls, liens, and confusion.

There was more too... adding to the stress and chaos. It feels like during that moment, everything that could possibly go wrong did. I did my best to stay positive. I put on a smile, and pretended everything was okay. The one thing that kept me going was the hope that one day things would be good again.

That was one year ago. Since then, my life has changed in so many amazing and wonderful ways. Words can't express how good life is right now. My son just started 2nd grade. My daughter just starter kindergarten, and Baby B is walking, getting better and better each day!

And... for the first time in a long time, I've found myself contemplating getting a tattoo. I wanted something small, feminine, and hidden so if I don't like it, I won't be staring at it every day for the rest of my life.

Right now, I'm thinking of getting a unalome tattoo on my spine. I've studied religions quite a bit, and have always been fascinated by Buddhism. According to what I've read so far, the unalome is a representation of reaching enlightenment. The path starts in the center of the spiral, and as you continue down this path you are wandering, becoming more conscious of your surroundings. When you reach the top of the symbol (the straight line), you have reached enlightenment.

I don't believe in enlightenment, so for me, it is more a symbol of the temporary nature of feelings and existence. Sometimes the bad leads to the good. Then, that good will lead to the bad. It's a "this too shall pass" symbol in my eyes.

I still have A LOT more research before I make a decision, but here are a few of my favorite unalome tattoos.









I also have a few other tattoo designs I like...




Thank you so much for stopping by! Do you have any tattoos? Do you think you'll ever get one? Leave a comment below. As always, I read and respond to each and every one. :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...