How I Fall Asleep In 3 Minutes

Monday, October 17, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-

I fall asleep fast. Like, really fast. I think it's a mix of being over-tired and exhausted.

I've been laying in bed, my husband goes to use the restroom, and I'm asleep by the time he's done. And, this isn't one of those bring in your phone so you can check Facebook for 25 minutes on the crapper doozies. I, legit fall asleep in about 3 minutes. I noticed I hadn't always been this way. It actually started happening after I started using meditation and hypnosis techniques for pain control a few years ago. Now, I realize that this isn't a coincidence. I actually use these same pain control techniques at bedtime, and fall asleep in about 3 minutes or so.

  1. First, no devices in my bedroom. I plug in my devices overnight to charge. Having them in the bedroom is too much of a distraction.
  2. Shit. #1 was a lie. It's still good advice, but if I'm having trouble sleeping, it's time to bring in the reinforcements... meditation apps. There are a lot out there. I love the Stop, Breathe, and Think app... also available in your browser at http://www.stopbreathethink.org/. 


What I love is that you tell it how you're feeling, and it picks a customized meditation just for you. The Equanimity meditation has really worked wonders for me in dealing with feelings of insecurity and jealousy.


I also love the leveling up and achievements I can earn for meditating with Stop, Breathe, and Think. You can earn stickers, it keeps track of your daily streaks, top emotions, total meditation time, and even calculates your "Weekly Settledness"... and all in a super-easy-to-navigate way.  

If you're having trouble sleeping at night, or are looking for a great meditation app, I highly recommend
Stop, Breathe, Think, available on iOS, Android, and on the web.


Thanks for giving me a few minutes of your time. Be sure to share this with someone who needs to hear it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...