Keeping What I Love, Selling What I Don't | The #2017FlipChallenge

Friday, February 03, 2017 0 Comments A+ a-

I've been blogging about simplicity and decluttering for a while now. I've read The Life-Changing Magic Of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo, and consider it my bible of decluttering. I've applied a lot of what she talks about in the book, but I've still got a house full of stuff. Then, bam! I was watching Gary Vaynerchuk on YouTube, and I realized that I was just donating my old stuff. I needed to try to sell my old stuff.




So, in January, I decided to start going through all the junk in our basement... keeping what I love, and selling what I don't.

My goal is to take the money I make throughout this year and take my family on a vacation. And, just to be clear, I'm not just trying to sell stuff, but I'm also trying to make money on my blog. I used to blow off posts if they didn't compensate me what I felt was enough. But now, I'm operating from the standpoint that anything is better than nothing, so I'm taking every blogging gig I can get.

In addition, I'm also babysitting a little bit in my home... nothing full time, but every penny counts.

Those of you who have been following me on Instargam have already gotten a sneak peak into my new hobby.

I'm constantly making goals. Today is no different, except I call it a resolution. Inspired by @garyvee's concept of "garage sale your house", @mariekondo's philosophy of keeping what "sparks joy", and my husband's concept of "we have too much shit in the basement" this is my first large scale goal for 2017. #newyearsresolution #decluttering #sparkjoy #journeytominimalism

Working on selling unused stuff this this AM. Took pics this morning, and just finished listing on eBay while I'm holding the baby for her nap. Feels amazing to squeeze in some work instead of just watching YouTube during her naps! #garagesale #infor5 #multitaskingmom #decluttering #lessismore #2017flipchallenge @garyvee

*squee* Just dropped $38 today at the library book sale... working on the #2017flipchallenge Message me for pricing. @garyvee @reezyresells #onlinearbitrage #realmofkings #drstrange #marvel #comicbooks #graphicnovels

A quick look at my January in the #2017flipchallenge. I've included my net sales (including losses from purchases that haven't sold yet.) The total includes my side hustles of babysitting & blogging. I'm working for every penny I can get... no longer passing up blogging posts because they weren't paying me enough. My goal is to take my family in a vacation by the end of the year. So far, I've earned us a nice trip to @kalahariresorts... but I've got my eye on something bigger than that. 😏 #vacationhustle #everypennycounts @garyvee @reezyresells

I'm looking forward to sharing my journey of decluttering, minimalizing, and making money with you here on the blog as well as on Instagram.

Thanks for stopping by. What area of your house do you need to purge the most? Leave a comment. As always, I read and respond to each and every one.  


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...