How My Kids Are Earning Electronics Time This Summer

Saturday, June 10, 2017 0 Comments A+ a-

I hope you're enjoying the summer so far! More than anything, I want my kids to have experiences they remember from the summer... not just video games, tv shows, and movies. So, in an effort to get them to do more, I've created a schedule of how they can earn 45 min of electronics time each day.

They pick one activity or activity pair to complete. By allowing them to choose, they're more likely to do it, as they feel they're in control. I've found giving my kids autonomy is always a plus in situations like this. Three activities gives them options, but not too many. Plus, it gives them three weeks of tasks all in one simple chart. My older kids are ages 5 & 8, so these are perfect activities for them.


Once they've finished their activity, they have the chance to earn 45 min more of electronics time by doing 30-45 minutes of traditional style schoolwork. Right now, we're working on week three of this system, and it has been working great!

Thanks for reading. Please leave any comments with your experiences in the comments. As always, I read and respond to each and every one. 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...