Why Nose Rings Suck

Sunday, July 23, 2017 0 Comments A+ a-

I had wanted a nose ring for well over 8 years. At age 37, I finally decided to go for it. I have had multiple piercing in my ears and one in my navel, so I wasn't too worried about the pain. My body, however, had other plans. As I walked to the piercing room, my body broke out into a cold sweat. There was some prep work, and each time he got close to my nose, I was awaiting the greatest pain of my life. I knew deep down that I could deal with the pain, but my body had a hard time believing me.

The pain wasn't too bad, but immediately after, I lost it. The fear of pain instantly turned into the reality of trauma to my face. I broke out into another huge sweat, and felt like I was going to pass out. Or throw up. Or both. I went home and relaxed for a few hours, and felt batter. It felt weird, and soon, I was starting to regret my decision. But, after a few days, I got a bit more used to it.

Sure, nose rings look cute, but they are a pain in the ass. There were a lot of things I had to avoid for the next 4-6 months after it was pierced to allow the piercing to heal properly and avoid infection... like wearing makeup and touching my nose.

I missed not being able to wear makeup, wash my nose with face wash, and do a face mask. Around my piercing, small dark blackhead-type blemishes had started to form... I'm suspecting from the metal in my nose as well as the lack of being able to properly wash it.

It sucked having to be hyper-aware of not getting it dirty, especially when doing yard work and mowing the lawn. 🌱 I had mowed the lawn twice after getting the piercing, and both times, it got very red around the piercing for 1-2 days afterward. Yes, as I was mowing, dust had flown up and into the piercing, infecting it.

It also sucked having the baby kick it whenever she pleased... OUCH! 🙊

Just 10 minutes after I removed it, my nose ring
was already starting to heal up.
It was also a booger-catcher. I had to soak it every morning so I could loosen the boogers on the part in my nose, and clean them off with a q-tip just so I could breathe through my nose.

My piercing has been out for about a week, and its already a HUGE relief. I'm glad I did it, but also glad I can take it out now too. So far, it's healing up very nicely. There's just a small red dot that is easily covered by a little makeup. Which I'm finally allowed to wear again. ;)

What do you think of this post? Leave a comment below. As always, I read and respond to each and every one.  

  



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...